César Chávez PTA Meeting Minutes
October 3, 2018 – 5:30-7pm
César Chávez School Library
Chair: Keiona R Connor
- Keiona Connor called the meeting to order at 5:50 pm. Quorum established.
- August meeting minutes were reviewed by the membership and approved as written.
- New Business:
- Principal Report:
- Portables are on site, but not put together. They should start the third week of October. When that happens dismissal will happen with all classes at the back of the school.
- Six graders are at outdoor school this week.
- We received a pre-3 grant to work with students before they come to kindergarten.
- On the 10th we will have the walk to school day. A flyer will go out soon.
- Second annual Dads and Pizza night October 11th at 6PM.
- Volunteer training October 24th at 5:30.
- November 1st there will be a Dia de los muertos celebration during the evening.
- Standing Rules vote: Read by Keiona.
- Explanation of where PTA membership funds go.
- Explanation of quorum requirements.
- Explanation of board members terms.
- Explanation of budget.
- Explanation of media understanding.
- Standing Committees discussed.
- Explanation of changes made to meeting order. New order will be:
- Call to order
- Reading and approval of minutes
- Unfinished Business
- New Business/Announcements
- Committee reports
- Treasurer’s report
- Principal Report:
Marlon- Suggested changing the vote for officers to be in April because of lack of participation. It was discussed.
Nicole Dalton moved to approve the 2018-2019 standing rules as presented, Daniel Ribeiro seconded. There were 18 yes votes and no no votes.
- Explanation of budget by Keiona
- Meginn Nordstrom moved to approve the budget as presented, seconded by Daniel R. There were 17 yes votes and no no votes.
- President’s Report – Keiona – September had many events. There were workshops every Wednesday. There was also a Bake sell for literacy committee that raised approximately $325. We held our first movie night of the year, and the first game night of the year. We also held the annual Run for the Cyclones. We are still collecting funds until October 15th.
- Treasurer’s Report – Nicole Dalton passed out the treasurer’s report and it was reviewed by membership. Current balance is $46,002.50. Reserves are around $15, 000 (non earmarked funds)
- Committee Updates:
- Literacy Committee – Is chaired by Mark Feldman. Marlon is chair of the auction committee. Otherwise we are looking for chairs for all other committees.
- Emmie Reader and Marlon volunteered to be the co-chairs of the fundraising committee.
- Keiona suggested to move committee formation to the next meeting due to time.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:12 PM by Keiona R. Connor.
Minutes submitted by Meginn Nordstrom.